CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Could there be more words for "fool"?(ばか)

He Says:
baka (ばか)=fool
This means also fool, but it's more polite way to say fool than aho or boke.
Because baka is used by Tokyo people(East Japan), who speak standard and polite Japanese.
And Japanese women tend to use this word to say fool.
So, here is a sign...when a girl says baka quietly to you with smile, she may like you, isn't angry so much, just feels comfortable being with you.

She Says:
Great. Another way to say "fool". I'm not sure why this is such a popular insult in Japan. Again, this is another well known "bad Japanese word", but it's not so bad that you wouldn't hear children say it.
But let me tell you a story about "baka". Long before I met my husband, I went out with this guy a couple of times. He didn't really speak much English and I didn't speak much Japanese. The first time we went out, his friend was there to translate. The second time, the friend wasn't there. I thought I'd give it a try. Bad move. Anyway, we were hanging out with his friends, another couple. Suddenly, completely out of nowhere, the guy I was with started punching the other girl. I mean, really punching her. What the hell, right?
Can you imagine what I wanted to call him and how frustrating it was that "baka" was the only insult word I knew at the time?

The next word will be...ぼけなす.

0 comments: